|Year of offer||2017|
|Subject level||Graduate coursework|
|Fees||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
This subject builds on property fundamentals and focuses on research in the real estate market. The subject aims to give you a range of applied skills in advanced property analysis, such as:
- Contemporary consideration in valuation of specialist properties (e.g. rural properties, shopping centres, retirement homes, leisure centres, resorts, easements, etc);
- Advanced financial analysis;
- Composition and functioning of the property lending market;
- Property lenders and lending products;
- The determination (and assessment of major determinants) of lending interest rate;
- Contemporary risk issues;
- Measurement of returns.
Intended learning outcomes
When you have completed this subject you should be able to:
- Use a variety of market research techniques;
- Appreciate the challenges faced when assessing the value of non conventional property;
- Understand both basic and advanced techniques of financial analysis and how they apply to property analysis;
- Understand composition and functioning of the property lending market;
- Appreciate complexities and interdependencies of risk and return relationship;
- Understand how Australian lenders determine their lending interest rates;
- Develop the necessary skills to undertake a small research project.
On completion of the subject students should have developed the following generic skills and capabilities:
- Professional/industry communication;
- Applied research skills;
- Analytical and problem solving skills.