|Look up fees
A series of case studies conducted in two of the following centres: Hong Kong, Shanghai and Beijing, Tokyo and Singapore, over two intensive weeks. The fieldwork will be conducted by the University of Hong Kong. Case studies are to be carried out in groups. They will cover a range of property and construction topics including project inception, project finance, project valuation and appraisal, development appraisal, urban planning policies and permits, project procurement and delivery, construction planning and management, construction technology and services, construction methods and equipment, construction and leasing contracts, and associated legal matters.
Candidates are required to arrange and pay for their own travel, accommodation and incidentals.
Note: This subject includes a pre-teaching period. During the pre-teaching period students are expected to complete the course readings, review the lectures and any other course preparation as outlined on the LMS. The LMS will become available at the commencement of the pre-teaching dates. Pre teaching starts around the middle of April.
Intended learning outcomes
- To provide an international perspective in property and construction
- To observe and record industry operations in several Asian countries
- To enable international comparisons of property and construction markets
- To understand alternative cultural drivers of the property and construction industries
- Case study work in teams
- Written professional reports
- Oral presentations
- International experience
Last updated: 31 October 2023