|Year of offer||2017|
|Subject level||Graduate coursework|
|Fees||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
This subject introduces graphic skills appropriate to design and building. These skills are taught through a series of constructed and freehand drawing assignments essential to the design thinking process. Graphic skills are developed through tutorials and lectures which are held in the studios and outdoors. Emphasis is given to the development of orthographic and perspective drawing, delineation and representation of form and volume.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of the subject students should be able to:
- Learn to draw and design with confidence
- Create orthographic and perspective drawings
- Demonstrate constructed, freehand and digital drawing techniques.
On completion of the subject students should have developed the following skills and capabilities:
- Perception of objects in a 3-dimensional framework
- Presentation of projects verbally and graphically
- Teamwork and time-management.