|Year of offer||2017|
|Subject level||Graduate coursework|
|Fees||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
This studio follows a multi-objective approach in exploring the interrelation between site and design in landscape architectural practice. Site exploration and conceptual design aspects of site transformation are introduced, alongside 3D representation techniques.
Emphasis will be given to a process-based approach in the idea generation to formulate creative, integrative and cohesive design responses to a set design brief.
Intended learning outcomes
- Critical thinking: To critically interrogate precedents and articulate theories and practices in landscape design
- Design process: To understand and apply a range of processes and techniques for exploring sites and generating multiple design outcomes
- Communication: To effectively represent and communicate design ideas in 3D with special focus on digital media
- Material space: To demonstrate an advanced understanding of design as a material spac
- Lateral and critical thinking through design experiments and making
- Leadership and effective teamwork organisation