|Fees||Look up fees|
This subject involves in-depth investigation of a significant problem related to distributed computing. The subject also provides students with skills and knowledge for analysing and solving problems, and enhanced written and oral communication skills.
The subject is fundamentally a research-based project, giving a capstone experience and piece of scholarship to students.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this subject the student is expected to:
- Independently investigate topic areas relating to distributed computing
- Synthesise work related to the topic of study
- Write and present a proposal and report
On completion of this subject students should:
- Have the ability to function effectively as an individual and in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams, with the capacity to be a leader or manager as well as an effective team member
- Be able to undertake problem identification, formulation and solution
- Have a capacity for independent critical thought, rational inquiry and self-directed learning
- Have a profound respect for truth and intellectual integrity, and for the ethics of scholarship.
Last updated: 2 December 2019