|Fees||Look up fees|
This subject engages with critical and contemporary issues in the field of Criminology and Socio-Legal Studies. Focusing on a special topic of key criminological and socio-legal interest, this subject will enable students to broaden and deepen their understanding of contemporary areas of criminological and socio-legal research, policy and practice. This intensive subject will focus on key contemporary topics in the area of criminological research and criminal justice practice. It will be offered by local and visiting international criminologists with specialist expertise in the particular issues, providing enriched comparative and practice-oriented knowledge and understanding.
Intended learning outcomes
Students who successfully complete this subject should:
- develop their understanding of a special topic in Criminology and Socio-Legal Studies;
- be able to conduct research in this topic area;
- be able to critically analyse key debates and issues in this topic area; and
- gain a deeper understanding of criminological and / or socio-legal theory and practice.
On completion of this subject students should have:
- highly developed cognitive, analytical and problem-solving skills; and
- an advanced understanding of complex concepts and the ability to express them lucidly in writing and orally.
Last updated: 18 December 2020