|Fees||Look up fees|
Special topics may be offered from time to time which reflect the interests of permanent and/or visiting members of staff. The purpose of this subject is to develop the research ability of students through intensive discussion of set readings.
Intended learning outcomes
On successful completion of this subject students should be able to:
- Describe econometric modelling and testing, and current frontier developments in knowledge in a major subject area in econometrics;
- Assess relevant applications of the econometric techniques;
- Apply the econometric techniques to test theories or develop knowledge on relevant issues and problems in economics;
- Critically evaluate the significance and research methodologies of contributions to the subject area.
On successful completion of this subject, students should have improved the following generic skills:
- Evaluation of ideas, views and evidence;
- Synthesis of ideas, views and evidence;
- Critical thinking;
- Application of theory to economic policy and business decision-making;
- Summarise and interpretation of information;
- Using and designing computer programs;
- Statistical reasoning;
- Problem solving skills;
- Written communication.
Last updated: 18 December 2020