|Year of offer||2017|
|Fees||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
The topic must be approved by the Head of the Department of Finance. The length of the essay, which must be determined in part by the subject matter, should not exceed 10 000 words.
Intended learning outcomes
- Identify a research question that will make a contribution to the academic literature
- Critically evaluate and synthesise the literature related to the identified research question
- For empirical research, obtain the data required from appropriate sources
- Integrate the research results into the existing literature and draw appropriate conclusions
- Complete a coherent well written piece of work
High level of development: written communication; problem solving; statistical reasoning; application of theory to practice; interpretation and analysis; critical thinking; synthesis of data and other information; evaluation of data and other information; accessing data and other information from a range of sources.
Moderate level of development: use of computer software; receptiveness to alternative ideas.
Some level of development: oral communication.