|Fees||Look up fees|
A research topic will be selected in consultation with the allocated supervisor. Enrolment in the thesis is across two consecutive semesters and students must enrol in the subject in each semester to ensure they are meeting the full 50-point requirement for this yearlong subject. Students are expected to attend regular, documented consultations as arranged with their supervisor over the two semesters of enrolment. Meetings should normally occur at least fortnightly and should be of at least a half an hour induration.
Intended learning outcomes
On successful completion of this subject, students should:
- develop and complete a significant research project which is written up and presented as a 15,000 word dissertation;
- develop skills in scholarly investigation and critical analysis appropriate to Gender Studies; and
- enhance research capacity and improve writing skills under supervision.
At the completion of this subject, students should:
- be able to conceptualise and plan a substantial project of original research;
- be able to present material in draft form and engage productively with a supervisor;
- be able tosynthesise critical arguments and debates;
- have enhanced writing skills in both a critical and creative manner;
- be able to manage time and study resources over two consecutive semesters;
- possess advanced skills of critical thinking and analysis;
- possess an ability to communicate knowledge intelligibly, economically and effectively; and
- have an understanding of social, ethical and cultural context.
Last updated: 3 November 2022