You’re currently viewing the 2017 version of this subject
- Three small, practical, database-related assignments (10% each) completed individually, requiring approximately 30-35 hours of work per student, equivalent 4000 words, due in the final weeks of semester. Intended Learning Outcomes (ILOs) 2 to 4 are addressed in the assignments.
- One mid-semester test (10%). ILOs 1 to 3 are addressed in the mid-semester test.
- One written 2 hour closed book end of semester examination (60%). ILOs 1, 2, 3 and 5 are addressed in the examination.
Hurdle requirement: To pass the subject, students must obtain:
- at least 50% (15/30) in assignments
- at least 50% (35/70) in the mid-semester test and end of semester written examination combined.
Last updated: 21 April 2021