|Fees||Look up fees|
Strategic alignment of ICT and business is critical to the competitive positioning of organisations. ICT governance deals with all aspects of the formulation and implementation of ICT management plans, including ICT strategic plans. This subject discusses approaches to the formulation and development of ICT strategies. Topics covered include analysing an organisation’s operating model, ICT governance arrangements and ICT governance policy framework, and maturity in the adoption of enterprise architectures. Students are expected to become familiar with current ICT governance frameworks and their implications for developing ICT governance plans.
Topics covered in the subject include: critical and strategic thinking, modes of strategic planning, ICT strategic frameworks, ICT Governance frameworks, ICT Governance policy documents, ICT Governance design frameworks, ICT Governance arrangements, models of organisational decision making, operating models, relationship of ICT Governance design to the development of enterprise architectures, ICT Governance design methodologies, and value creation through ICT Governance design and implementation.
Intended learning outcomes
Intended Learning Outcomes (ILOs)
On completion of this subject the student is expected to:
- Engage in the process of ICT strategic planning and the critical review of ICT strategic plans
- Demonstrate an understanding of the roles of ICT strategic planning in the formulation of ICT governance plans
- Apply the principles and methodologies found in current ICT governance frameworks to the development of ICT governance plans for an organisation
- Critically analyse the ICT plans of an organisation to determine of maturity of ICT strategic planning and governance within that organisation
- Demonstrate an understanding of the relationships between ICT governance planning and the development of an enterprise architecture.
On completion of this subject, students should have developed the following generic skills:
- Literature searching and analysis
- Critical and strategic thinking
- Case study analysis
- Independent learning
- Team work
- Report writing
Last updated: 2 December 2019