LAL Thesis Part 1 (LING40015)
HonoursPoints: 25On Campus (Parkville)
You’re currently viewing the 2017 version of this subject
About this subject
- Eligibility and requirements
- Dates and times
- Further information
- Timetable(opens in new window)
|Fees||Look up fees|
This subject entails an original supervised research project on a topic approved by the Honours coordinator.
Intended learning outcomes
On successful completion of this subject, students should:
- have completed supervised research on an advanced topic in Linguistics and Applied Linguistics;
- have prepared a poster of the results of their research;
- have completed a thesis of 15,000 words on their research;
- be able to write a sustained piece of original argumentation; and
- be able to survey an area of knowledge, taking into account all relevant literature on the topic.
At the completion of this subject, students should:
- be able to plan, carry through and write up an original piece of research;
- be able to understand the way in which broader issues translate into particular testable questions; and
- be able to write clearly and incisively about complex technical issues in the field.
Last updated: 3 November 2022