This subject is available for science credit to students enrolled in the BSc (both pre-2008 and new degrees), BASc or a combined BSc course.
Students with a score of 40 or more in VCE Specialist Mathematics 3/4 are strongly encouraged to enrol in both
- MAST10008 Accelerated Mathematics 1
- MAST10009 Accelerated Mathematics 2
instead of both
- MAST10006 Calculus 2
- MAST10007 Linear Algebra
Students with a study score of 29 in VCE Specialist Mathematics 3/4 or equivalent, are eligible to enrol in MAST10005 Calculus 1, MAST10006 Calculus 2 or MAST10007 Linear Algebra. Such students should seek course advice before completing their enrolment.
- Science-credited subjects - new generation B-SCI and B-ENG.
- Environmental Science major
- Discrete Mathematics / Operations Research
- Applied Mathematics
- Bachelor of Design Elective Subjects
- Pure Mathematics
- Statistics / Stochastic Processes
- Engineering Systems
- Selective subjects for B-BMED
- Environments Discipline subjects
- Spatial Systems
Related breadth tracks
- Chemical Engineering
- Mathematics for Economics
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Electrical Engineering
This subject is available as breadth in the following courses:
There are no specifically prescribed or recommended texts for this subject.