|Fees||Look up fees|
This subject is designed to provide students with the ability to apply the foundation principles of project management in a variety of contexts. The program will examine the language of project management, and how foundation principles of project management can be used to enhance the sustainability and effectiveness of organisations. This subject will equip students with the skills and background information to successfully complete an internship with an external organisation or a group project.
Using different Project Management methodologies including PRINCE2 (Projects IN Controlled Environments), students will learn:
- how to develop a project, a business plan, and timelines;
- how to manage stakeholders and risks; and how to communicate project results.
Finally, students will develop a career plan and a CV that profiles the knowledge, skills and insights that have been acquired during the course of their university study, and in particular, during their EMA degree.
Intended learning outcomes
On successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- develop a critical understanding of the key concepts and principles of project management;
- develop an increased confidence in understanding and using the language of project management;
- develop the capacity to reflect critically on and improve their project management practices;
- be prepared to work effectively in a professional environment;
- apply and extend knowledge obtained in other EMA subjects;
- develop an understanding of why projects might succeed or fail;
- possess project management skills; and
- use multiple Project Management methodologies including PRINCE2.
At the completion of this subject, student should gain the following generic skills:
- ability to work effectively in a professional environment;
- applied and extended knowledge obtained through prior completion of EMA subjects in a professional setting; and
- ability to work autonomously on a range of tasks in a professional setting.
Last updated: 29 July 2022