|Fees||Look up fees|
In this subject you will engage in an assessment of your management skills and develop your ethical, personal, interpersonal and team-based skills. By doing so, you will develop your knowledge of management as well as capacity for creative analysis, problem solving, ethical decision making and written and verbal communication
Intended learning outcomes
On successful completion of this subject, students should be able to;
- Engage in the critical skills and knowledge of managerial work;
- Analyse and evaluate and develop the key competencies you need to become a successful manager including stress management, ethical decision-making, problem solving, innovation, coaching, motivating and leading.
- Demonstrate your capability in several critical management competencies;
- Critically analyse management problems and apply relevant model and theories to generate effective solutions; and
- Use evidence based research techniques to support management decision making.
On successful completion of this subject, students should have improved the following generic skills:
- Critical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills, developed through reflection, case studies, experiential activities and assignments;
- Research skills developed through preparation of exercises and assessment;
- Verbal and written communication skills, developed through discussion, experiential activities and assessment; and
- Ethical thinking and work practice skills in management, through experiential activities and case studies.
Last updated: 2 December 2019