All required readings will be available in a subject reader, which will be available on the LMS.
- Andrew Alexandra and Seumas Miller, Ethics in Practice: Moral Theory and the Professions. Sydney: University of New South Wales Press, 2009.
- Andrew Alexandra and Seumas Miller, Integrity Systems for Occupational Groups. Farnham: Ashgate, 2009.
- Margaret Coady and Sidney Bloch, Codes of Ethics and the Professions. Melbourne: MUP,1996.
- Neil Levy, Moral Relativism: A Short Introduction. Oxford: Oneworld, 2002.
- Mike Martin, Meaningful Work: Rethinking Professional Ethics. New York: OUP, 2000.
- Larry May, The Socially Responsive Self: Social Theory and Professional Ethics. Chicago: University of Chicago Press,1996.
- Justin Oakley and Dean Cocking, Virtue ethics and professional roles. Melbourne: Cambridge University Press, 2002.
- William Shaw and Vincent Barry, Moral Issues in Business (8th ed.). Florence, KY: Wadsworth, 2001.
- Dennis Thompson, Restoring Responsibility: Ethics in Government, Business, and Healthcare. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2004.
- Bernard Williams, Morality: An Introduction to Ethics. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1993.
- Related Handbook entries
This subject contributes to the following:
Type Name Informal specialisation EMA 200 point program - full time over 2 years Informal specialisation EMA 100 point program - full time over 1 year Informal specialisation EMA 200 point program - full time over 1.5 years Major EMA 150 point program - full time over 1.5 years
- Available through the Community Access Program
About the Community Access Program (CAP)
This subject is available through the Community Access Program (also called Single Subject Studies) which allows you to enrol in single subjects offered by the University of Melbourne, without the commitment required to complete a whole degree.
Entry requirements including prerequisites may apply. Please refer to the CAP applications page for further information.
Additional information for this subject
Subject coordinator approval required
Last updated: 29 July 2022