|Fees||Look up fees|
The Project-based policy analysis is a capstone option in the Master of Social Policy. This subject enables participants to draw on the expertise developed throughout the MSP and apply it in real time to a contemporary project. The project is team-based to mirror the practical experience of managers and will be developed and overseen by both a professional and academic mentor. The project team will work in consultation with their practice and academic mentors to develop a project brief, undertake analysis, and prepare a professional report to the sponsoring organisation. The project team will present their report at the Capstone Presentation Day.
Intended learning outcomes
Students who successfully complete this subject will:
- Understand the nature of applied research and it’s power in addressing practical problems;
- Appreciate the complexities of bringing together theory and practice to develop managerial strategies;
- Apply their professional skills (working ethically; managing effectively; using evidence) in a team-based environment.
On completion of this subject, students will be able to:
• Frame policy-related questions within a client organisation;
• Analyse data and interpret the findings and translate into practical policy implications within the organisation where the project will be carried out;
• Learn how to chair, discuss and present their findings to a broader audience;
Last updated: 3 November 2022