|Fees||Look up fees|
A research topic selected in consultation with the allocated supervisor. Enrolment in the thesis is across two consecutive semesters and students must enrol in the subject in each semester to ensure they are meeting the full 50 point requirement for the year-long subject.
Intended learning outcomes
On successful completion of this subject, students will:
- develop and complete a significant research project which is written up and presented as a 15,000 word dissertation;
- develop skills in scholarly investigation and critical analysis appropriate to screen and cultural studies; and
- enhance research capacity and to improve writing skills under supervision.
At the completion of this subject, students should gain the following generic skills:
- be able to conceptualise and plan a substantial project of original research;
- present material in draft form and engage productively with a supervisor;
- synthesise critical arguments and debates;
- enhance writing skills in both a critical and creative manner;
- manage time and study resources over two consecutive semesters;
- possess advanced skills of critical thinking and analysis;
- possess an ability to communicate knowledge intelligibly, economically and effectively; and
- have an understanding of social, ethical and cultural context.
Last updated: 3 November 2022