Gender and Development Specialisation - 100 point program
Professor Anthony D'Costa
Currently enrolled students:
- Further information: http://graduate.arts.unimelb.edu.au/
- Contact: 'Make an enquiry' at http://graduate.arts.unimelb.edu.au/study/degrees/master-of-development-studies/overview
100 point program
Duration: 1 year full-time / up to 2 years part-time.
- two compulsory subjects (25 points)
Coursework Only Option
- elective subjects (75 points)
Minor Thesis Option
- DEVT90041 Research Methods for Development (12.5 points)
- minor thesis parts 1 and 2 (total 50 points)
- elective subject (12.5 points)
All students are required to complete the Capstone Requirement for the program (at least 25 points). Students must complete one capstone option:
Capstone Stream 1: DEVT90060 Internship in Development (25 points) or DEVT90008 International Internship in Development (25 points)
Purpose: An opportunity to acquire practical skills in development practice and apply this knowledge to solve problems that arise in a professional context and develop an integrated understanding of knowledge and practice.
Capstone Stream 2: GEND90011 Gender and Development Thesis Part 1 and GEND90012 Gender and Development Thesis Part 2 (total 50 points)
Purpose: An opportunity to integrate knowledge and research skills to address a specific development research question.
Capstone Stream 3: DEVT90001 Project Management & Design (12.5 points) and DEVT90035 Monitoring and Evaluation in Development (12.5 point)
Purpose: An opportunity to acquire practical skills in project management and monitoring and evaluation and apply this knowledge to solve problems that arise in a professional context and develop an integrated understanding of knowledge and practice.
Last updated: 8 December 2023