Specialisation (formal)Year: 2018
You’re currently viewing the 2018 version of this component
Associate Professor Christopher Cordner
The Graduate Diploma in Arts (Advanced) in this area of specialisation provides students with an advanced understanding of key concepts and issues in professional ethics. The course will appeal to professional people who want to understand both the roots of the ethic appropriate to their own profession and the wider social and ethical context in which it is located. The diploma may lead to higher degree study in professional ethics or related areas of study.
Intended learning outcomes
Students who complete the Graduate Diploma in Arts (Advanced) in this area of specialisation should be able to:
- develop a sensitivity to ethical dimensions of practice in their own, and related professions;
- demonstrate a substantial knowledge of one or more areas in the study of professional ethics;
- understand the theoretical sources of the key concepts in these areas of study;
- develop a sophisticated understanding of the application of these concepts in their professional field or study area; and
- develop research and analytical skills enabling further study at higher degree levels.
Last updated: 24 January 2023