About this course
- Entry and participation requirements
- Attributes, outcomes and skills
- Course structure
- Further study
Melbourne School of Government
Currently enrolled students:
- Further information: http://government.unimelb.edu.au/
- Contact: 'make an enquiry' on http://government.unimelb.edu.au/degrees/37-master-of-public-administration
1. In order to be considered for entry, applicants must have completed:
- an undergraduate degree in an area related to public administration, with a weighted average mark of at least H2B (70%); and
- at least three years of documented relevant professional experience
Meeting these requirements does not guarantee selection.
2. In ranking applications, the Selection Committee will consider:
- prior academic performance; and
- relevance of previous studies; and
- the professional experience.
3. The Selection Committee may seek further information to clarify any aspect of an application in accordance with the Academic Board rules on the use of selection instruments.
4. Applicants are required to satisfy the university’s English language requirements for graduate courses. For those applicants seeking to meet these requirements by one of the standard tests approved by the Academic Board, performance band 6.5 is required.
Inherent requirements (core participation requirements)
For the purposes of considering requests for Reasonable Adjustments under the Disability Standards for Education (Cwth 2005), and Students Experiencing Academic Disadvantage Policy, academic requirements for this course are articulated in the Course Description, Course Objectives and Generic Skills of this entry. The University is dedicated to provide support to those with special requirements. Further details on the disability support scheme can be found at the Student Equity and Disability Support website: http://services.unimelb.edu.au/student-equity
Last updated: 30 October 2020