About this course
- Entry and participation requirements
- Attributes, outcomes and skills
- Course structure
- Subject options
- Majors, minors and specialisations
- Further study
200 Point Program
The first 100 points (Year 1) comprises 50 points of Compulsory Subjects, and 50 points of Electives chosen from the Master of Education.
The final 100 points (Year 2) comprises 75 points chosen from Option Subjects, and 25 points of compulsory Capstone Subjects.
100 Point Program
Students with 100 points of advanced standing complete 100 points of study, by completing either of the following:
- VIT Accredited Pathway: The 50 point EAL Teaching specialisation*, 25 points chosen from Option Subjects, and 25 points of Compulsory Capstone subjects; or
- Non-accredited: 75 points chosen from Option Subjects, and 25 points of Compulsory Capstone subjects (see ‘Year 2’ subject details).
*Students must be eligible for teacher registration with the VIT to complete the EAL Teaching specialisation. The specialisation comprises 4 core subjects, and includes 22 days of supervised placement at a school or similar setting during school hours.
Students in the 200 point program may exit this course early and apply to graduate with a Graduate Diploma in Educational Studies (GD-EDST), provided that they have satisfied the requirements for that award during their enrolment in this master degree course (i.e., successfully completed the first 100 credit points of study of the 200 credit point master degree).
Students that complete the EAL Teaching specialisation may exit this course early and apply to graduate with a Graduate Certificate in TESOL, provided they have satisfied the requirements for that award during their enrolment in this master degree course (i.e. successfully completed all four EAL Teaching specialisation subjects).