|Fees||Look up fees|
This subject aims to heighten general awareness of the Arabic language and to enhance the acquisition of Arabic, particularly in aural and oral communication skills as well as to enhance students' sociocultural awareness of the Arab World. Students will be introduced to characteristics of communication strategies, and the sociocultural aspects of the Arabic language. On completion of this subject, students should be able to conduct everyday conversations and manage classroom communication in Arabic with greater sociocultural awareness.
Intended learning outcomes
On successful completion of this subject, students should:
- have further developed their awareness of the Arabic language & enhanced their Arabic communication skills;
- have been introduced to a range of communication strategies & diverse sociocultural aspects of the Arabic language;
- have enhanced their sociocultural awareness of the Arab World;
- have learnt about the peoples inhabiting the Arab World;
- have learnt about the history & political & economic development of the Arab World;
- have become aware of current issues in the Arab World.
Last updated: 30 July 2023