|Fees||Look up fees|
In this subject students will learn to translate from Chinese to English and English to Chinese. The selection of texts will be limited to modern literature and to documents and news items on politics and international affairs. In their translations students will learn to focus on accuracy as well as stylistic appropriateness and will be encouraged to submit both individual and group work.
Intended learning outcomes
- acquire skills to explicate complex materials written in another language.
- be able to present complex information accurately and fluently in writing.
- appreciate the complexity of translating concepts from one system into another.
- acquire written communication skills through essay and assignment preparation and writing.
- show attention to detail through close reading.
- acquire time management and planning skills through managing and organising workloads for required reading and assignment completion.
Last updated: 29 July 2022