|Year of offer||2018|
|Subject level||Undergraduate Level 3|
|Fees||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
This subject engages with the new form of language used in the modern media in China, including its written, audio and visual forms. It explores its roots and meanings and the factors which led to its emergence.
Intended learning outcomes
At the end of this subject students should:
● have an ability to understand the current usage of the Chinese language through the study of contemporary programs.
● have a capacity to communicate, using the modern media, such as Youtube, blog and internet websites.
● have an ability to articulate their language skill in oral and written presentations.
- Acquire written communication skills through essay writing and seminar discussion
- Show attention to detail through assessment preparation and writing
- Acquire time management and planning skills through managing and organising workloads for recommended reading, essay and assignment completion
- Acquire public speaking skills through tutorial and seminar discussion and class presentations