|Year of offer||2018|
|Subject level||Graduate coursework|
|Fees||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
Students undertake placements totalling 22 days of supervised observation and program involvement in the settings relevant to their current or intended language teaching work.
Students will be enrolled in this subject of they do not meet the language requirement for EDUC90050 Supervised Teaching (Second Language). Students must contact the Placements team, MGSE Academic Support Office by the end of the first week of the Semester to discuss placements.
This subject has a TESOL or Modern Languages/LOTE focus, according to the course within which the student is enrolled
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this subject students should be able to:
- provide a reliable model of the target language (both spoken and written) and use this in ways appropriate to the classroom and students' level of proficiency;
- plan, implement and evaluate appropriate lessons with little or no guidance;
- adapt existing materials and develop original work to meet student needs and interests;
- evaluate and assist in the development of appropriate specialist (TESOL) programs, including needs analaysis, syllabus design, program organisation and evaluation;
- monitor, document and report on students' language development;
- monitor, describe and critically evaluate their own teaching;
- interact with colleagues and act as a specialist resource person within the wider school community.
- Critical reasoning and thinking
- Problem solving
- Evidence based decision making
- Creativity and innovation
- Teamwork and professional collaboration
- Self-reflection, career awareness and lifelong learning
- Active and participatory citizenship