|Fees||Look up fees|
An individually negotiated project relating to education, in which the student undertakes a theoretical study (eg., a substantial critical review of a particular body of literature) or a research project relating to educational practice. The student will negotiate a contract with the supervisor, clearly specifying the outcomes and the criteria on which the work will be judged.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this subject students should be able to:
- demonstrate their knowledge of a particular area of concern in education;
- place the area in a larger theoretical context of the relevant research literature;
- demonstrate a capacity to engage in reflective, critical discussion of the area examined.
On completion of this subject students should have:
- Respect for truth, intellectual integrity and ethical behaviour;
- Intellectual curiosity and creativity;
- An understanding of the relationship between theory, research and classroom practice;
- A capacity to articulate knowledge and understanding in written presentations.
Last updated: 18 December 2020