|Year of offer||2018|
|Subject level||Graduate coursework|
|Fees||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
This subject aims to help students to develop a better understanding of grammar and its place in second language learning and teaching. The subject covers such areas as language for expressing and connecting ideas and language for interacting with others. It will also introduce students to discourse level features of language.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this subject students should be able to:
- Analyse and communicate an understanding of the nature and form of language as a system;
- Analyse and describe spoken and written language to assist them in their teaching;
- Evaluate and synthesise the research and professional literature in language.
This subjet will develop the following set of key transferable skills:
- Clinical reasoning and thinking
- Problem solving
- Evidence based decision making
- Creativity and innovation
- Teamwork and professional collaboration
- Learning to learn and metacognition
- Responsiveness to a changing knowledge base
- Reflection for continuous improvement
- Linking theory and practice
- Inquiry and research
- Active and participatory citizenship.