|Fees||Look up fees|
International Issues in Arts Education is an online community based subject that provides an introduction and foundation to current issues in arts education. As a researcher, and collaborative and multidisciplinary educator, you will explore and examine contemporary issues that are explored to inform and develop a foundation for research in arts practice, learning and perception. The subject provides flexibility for students to investigate more deeply their areas of interest, including issues pertaining to art forms and disciplinary based learning. This online community is positioned in the arts pathway to allow flexibility to pursue your areas of professional interest and self-direct creative independent research.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this subject students should be able to:
- Articulate an informed understanding of current debates, theory, research and frameworks in the arts and international arts education
- Evaluate the social, cultural, political and historical contexts informing arts education policies and practices
- Critique and apply multidisciplinary educational theories and evidence based research to examine and improve professional practice
- Reflect on current research, debates, policies and practices in arts education from a multidisciplinary and global perspective.
- Critical thinking and reasoning Problem solving Communication Evidence based decision making Creativity and innovation Teamwork and professional collaboration Self-reflection, career awareness and lifelong learning Active and participatory citizenship
Last updated: 3 November 2022