A subject reader will be available.
- The Anthology of Colonial Australian Gothic Fiction (Ken Gelder and Rachael Weaver eds)
- The Anthology of Colonial Australian Romance Fiction (Ken Gelder and Rachael Weaver eds)
- Seven Poor Men of Sydney (Christina Stead)
- The Electrical Experience (Frank Moorhouse)
- Voss (Patrick White)
- The Hunter (Julia Leigh)
- The Slap (Christos Tsiolkas)
- Subject notes
Students who have completed 106-046 Australia and the Colonial Imaginary or 106-046/670-326 Wild Writing: The Australian Imginary are not eligible to enrol in this subject.
- Related Handbook entries
This subject contributes to the following:
Type Name Major English and Theatre Studies Specialisation (formal) Graduate Certificate in Arts - English and Theatre Studies Specialisation (formal) English and Theatre Studies
- Breadth options
- Available through the Community Access Program
About the Community Access Program (CAP)
This subject is available through the Community Access Program (also called Single Subject Studies) which allows you to enrol in single subjects offered by the University of Melbourne, without the commitment required to complete a whole degree.
Entry requirements including prerequisites may apply. Please refer to the CAP applications page for further information.
- Available to Study Abroad and Exchange students
This subject is available to students studying at the University from overseas institutions on exchange and study abroad.