|Look up fees
Topics selected in consultation with the coordinator. Enrolment in the thesis is across two consecutive semesters and students must enrol in the subject in each semester to ensure they are meeting the full 50 point requirement for the year-long subject.
Intended learning outcomes
On successful completion of this subject, students should have:
- developed their skills in the forms of scholarly and critical analysis and inquiry appropriate to English and Theatre Studies;
- brought an independent research project from inception and development to completion;
- learnt how to develop their research ideas and improve their writing skills under supervision; and
- significantly enhanced their understanding of a specific area or methodology in English and Theatre Studies.
At the completion of this subject, students should gain generic skills in the following areas:
- conceptualising and planning a substantial project of original research;
- presenting material in draft form and engaging productively with a supervisor;
- consolidating and enhancing established skills in engaging creatively with a critical field;
- synthesising critical arguments and debates;
- testing and developing new research methods in relation to ongoing debates;
- enhancing drafting and writing skills, in both a critical and creative manner; and
- managing time and study resources over a sustained period of time.
Last updated: 3 November 2022