You’re currently viewing the 2018 version of this subject
|Fees||Look up fees|
This subject seeks to -
- Build a thorough understanding of the theoretical and conceptual basis upon which the practice of financial project analysis is built and its application to engineering
- Satisfy the practical needs of the engineering manager toward making informed financial decisions when involved in an engineering project
- Incorporate critical decision-making tools that engineering managers can bring to the task of making informed financial decisions.
Intended learning outcomes
INTENDED LEARNING OUTCOMES (ILOs)
On completion of this subject, students are expected to be able to -
- Describe the behaviour of markets
- Calculate and interpret elasticities
- Estimate the cost of production and services
- Optimally allocate scarce capital resources to projects
- Estimate the financial health of organisations
- Produce financial budgets.
Last updated: 9 October 2020