You’re currently viewing the 2018 version of this subject
|Fees||Look up fees|
Course content includes: Physical Hydrogeology, Chemical Hydrogeology, Field Study/Methods and Management and Assessment.
Intended learning outcomes
- This subject aims to equip students with discipline-specific knowledge and expertise appropriate for post-graduate research in the field; equip students with discipline-specific knowledge and expertise enabling them to take their place as professional geologists in industry or government organisations;
- determine the distribution, movement and quality of groundwater using conventional and emerging approaches/technologies;
- evaluate groundwater flow, storage, recharge and discharge, in the context of resource management, by applying appropriate tests;
- assess chemical and biogeochemical factors affecting the composition and evolution of groundwater chemistry;
- apply knowledge obtained from the course to addressing problems of importance to the minerals and/or water resources industry (e.g. mine tailings dams, contaminant plume mitigation, etc.).
Last updated: 3 November 2022