|Fees||Look up fees|
Through the study of multiculturalism in Australian society, this subject develops students' ability to use academic English language. The subject is specifically designed for students who require intensive attention to their academic writing development. Its primary focus is on developing students' ability to structure an academic paper, develop an argument, make effective use of citations and draw conclusions. A range of other academic abilities are also developed such as critical thinking, effective reading, participation in small group work and oral presentations.
Intended learning outcomes
On successful completion of this subject, students should:
- be able to write academic assignments fluently, accurately and appropriately;
- be able to analyse academic texts purposively and critically;
- be able to speak effectively in academic settings;
- have participated actively in group work;
- have developed an understanding of the development of Australia as a multicultural society;
- be able to synthesise and organise material from spoken and written sources.
At the completion of this subject, students should:
- be able to synthesise and organise material from spoken and written sources;
- be more independent learners.
Last updated: 7 September 2023