|Look up fees
This subject provides an overview of the value of functional foods in health and nutrition.
Lectures and practical exercises in the core theories and methodology of functional food science will provide students with demonstrable knowledge of evaluating the literature, participating in academic discourse and understanding functional foods research in the agriculture and food production fields.
Intended learning outcomes
- To become familiar with analysis of food with respect to health & nutrition indicators
- To examine methods in functional foods research
- To understand functional foods science and methodology
Upon completion of this unit, students should have developed:
- A profound respect for truth, intellectual and professional integrity, and the ethics of scholarship
- Capacity for independent critical thought, rational inquiry and self-directed learning and research
- An ability to drive, interpret and analyse social, technical or economic information from multiple sources
- Skills in observation, critical analysis and report writing
Last updated: 3 November 2022