|Fees||Look up fees|
Intensive French 3 and 4 is designed to provide students with a systematic revision and consolidation of the essential structures of French. Classes will present grammar, syntax and vocabulary in meaningful situations. The subject also stresses the productive aspect of language use in practical situations, while extending grammatical and lexical knowledge and refining oral skills. Listening skills are also developed by use of authentic documents. Students will also spend time in private study working on written and oral exercises and using online resources. On completion of the subject students should be able to sustain conversations and express opinions on topics of general interest, have consolidated their knowledge of all basic structures of French, and have attained level B1 of competence in the Common European Reference Framework in the target language. They will also have read a short story in French and explore the linguistic and cultural aspects contained in it.
Intended learning outcomes
On successful completion of this subject, students should
- have developed their listening, speaking, reading and writing skills in French to reach the intermediate level in line with the B1 level of the European Common Framework for Languages;
- have an improved understanding of French culture, customs and mannerisms through the study of authentic material;
- have consolidated the necessary skills in reading, writing, listening and speaking to be able to continue their French studies at level 5;
- show an increased awareness and understanding of French-speaking cultures throughout the world;
- have developed their ability to present their work orally in French;
- have increased their autonomy in the study of the French language and French-speaking cultures.
Last updated: 29 July 2022