The presentation of this subject and the on-going assessment is designed to encourage continuous and collaborative learning, maximise feedback and interaction, and reduce the weighting of the final theory exam. Worksheets from the practical sessions are to be submitted after each practical session. Two assignments on a variety of subjects are to be submitted during the semester. Results from the practical exam (week 12) will be posted prior to the theory exam.
- Theory Exam: 40% Two-hour theory exam, including all topics covered in the lectures;
- Prac. Exam: 20% One-hour exam, including hand-specimen, thin section and polished block identification of ore and gangue minerals plus associated rocks; held in the practical time-slot for week 12;
- Assignments: 20% Two assignments of up to 1000 words each to be submitted during the semester. (i.e., each worth 10%);
- F/T report: 5% Field trip attendance and worksheet, to be submitted after the field trip;
- Practical quiz: 5%, held in week 7
- Practicals: 10% Submission of >80% of practical worksheets.
Last updated: 25 January 2020