|Fees||Look up fees|
The research project option within the Master of Geoscience will be available for students who have demonstrated a strong aptitude for research to perform a short research project under the direction of a supervisor. The research project will build on the skills obtained in Practical Earth Science A and B, and associated coursework, to complete a short research project at the level of a portion of a Master of Science (Earth Science) project.
Intended learning outcomes
This subject aims to provide students with:
- The ability to present results in oral form at a career-ready level
- The ability to apply existing or new techniques to perform research under general direction and to produce a research report containing results that could lead to publication
On completion of this subject students will have gained experience in:
- developing the ability to exercise critical judgement;
- rigorous and independent thinking;
- adopting a problem-solving approach to practical challenges;
- high-level written report presentation skills;
- oral communication, project management and presentation skills.
Last updated: 2 December 2019