|Fees||Look up fees|
Students are taught to map out the structures and complex geometries within a series of multiply-deformed turbite sequence. The course teaches the concepts of key locality and provides strategies to correlate between key localities to produce consistent maps and cross-sections over outcrops at Bermagui Heads and Pt Dickinson in Bermagui in a structurally complex area within a poly-deformed terrane.
Intended learning outcomes
- Develop the geological mapping skills of students;
- equip students with discipline-specific knowledge and expertise appropriate for post-graduate research in the field; equip students with discipline-specific knowledge and expertise enabling them to take their place as professional geologists in industry or government organisations; hone their field mapping techniques.
- Exercise critical judgement;
- undertake rigorous and independent thinking;
- adopt a problem-solving approach to new and unfamiliar tasks;
- develop high-level written report and/or oral presentation skills;
- interrogate, synthesise and interpret the published literature; work as part of a team.
Last updated: 29 July 2022