|Fees||Look up fees|
This unit covers the identification of target minerals, its exploration, sampling methods, methods of estimating tonnage and grades and reporting of resources and reserves. This unit also covers the financial evaluation of mining projects.
Intended learning outcomes
- To understand and be able to identify the target mineral for exploration;
- understand and be able to describe the principles and applications of geophysical and geochemical exploration techniques;
- know the appropriate ways to sample various types of mineral deposits; be able to carry out an estimation of the grade and tonnage of a mineral deposit using classical and geostatistical methods;
- be able to carry out a simple reconciliation of period production at an operating mine;
- be able to carry out a financial evaluation of a mining project.
- Exercise critical judgement;
- undertake rigorous and independent thinking;
- adopt a problem-solving approach to new and unfamiliar tasks;
- develop high-level written report and/or oral presentation skills;
- interrogate, synthesise and interpret the published literature;
- work as part of a team.
Last updated: 2 December 2019