July - Online
|Fees||Look up fees|
The unit is designed to give a basis for understanding the various elements that make up the mine environment, and how to control and regulate it to achieve a safe, healthy and comfortable workplace conducive to performance and efficiency.
Intended learning outcomes
- Equip students with discipline-specific knowledge and expertise appropriate for post-graduate research in the field;
- equip students with discipline-specific knowledge and expertise enabling them to take their place as professional geologists in industry or government organisations;
- apply management system concepts to occupational health and safety case studies;
- compare and contrast occupational health and safety auditing tools;
- and obtain an understanding of relevant safety legislation.
- Exercise critical judgement;
- undertake rigorous and independent thinking;
- adopt a problem-solving approach to new and unfamiliar tasks;
- develop high-level written report and/or oral presentation skills;
- interrogate, synthesise and interpret the published literature;
- work as part of a team.
Last updated: 18 December 2020