|Fees||Look up fees|
The main focus is on marrying the understanding of structures, fluid flow and alteration in practical geometrical analysis of mineral systems from drill core and outcrop to the regional scale with the intent of improved resource delineation and targeting.
Intended learning outcomes
- This subject aims to equip students with discipline-specific knowledge and expertise appropriate for post-graduate research in the field;
- equip students with discipline-specific knowledge and expertise enabling them to take their place as professional geologists in industry or government organisations;
- Recognise the importance and role of structure in the formation and modification of ore deposits;
- Understand the tools available and the workflow required to apply structural geology in the mineral exploration industry;
- Rapidly apply these structural geology techniques with confidence in your work flow.
- Exercise critical judgement;
- undertake rigorous and independent thinking; adopt a problem-solving approach to new and unfamiliar tasks;
- develop high-level written report and/or oral presentation skills;
- interrogate, synthesise and interpret the published literature;
- work as part of a team.
Last updated: 3 November 2022