You’re currently viewing the 2018 version of this subject
- Assignment 1 - Cognitive Walkthrough: Group project (3-4 students) on user needs analysis of a particular situation of use, design of a paper prototype and a cognitive walkthrough. The assignment consists of a written report (2000-3000 words - 18%) and a presentation (10 minutes - 2%) due in week 6, requiring 20 to 25 hours of work per group member. Intended Learning Outcomes (ILOs) 3 and 4 are addressed in this assignment.
- Assignment 2 - Design and Evaluation: Group project (3-4 students) to create a digital prototype (based on the findings of assignment 1) and to conduct a usability evaluation of the prototype. Groups must report on the evaluation via a written report (3000-4000 words - 25%) and a presentation (10 minutes- 5%) due in week 12, requiring approximately 30 hours of work per group member. ILOs 4 and 5 are addressed in this assignment. Assignment 2 is a hurdle and must be passed to pass the subject.
- One written 2 hour closed book end of semester examination (50%). ILOs 1 to 4 are addressed in the examination. The examination is a hurdle and must be passed to pass the subject.
Hurdle Requirement: To pass the subject, students must obtain:
- at least 50% of the marks available in assignment 2
- at least 50% of the marks available in the examination
Last updated: 9 September 2021