|Look up fees
Students will work intensively under advanced industry supervision on an agreed journalistic project, such as a documentary, series of articles, book or investigative assignment. Working with the resources of the Centre for Advanced Journalism and other academic staff, the student will complete a publishable piece of innovative journalism, and a short essay reflecting on their professional practice.
Intended learning outcomes
Students who successfully complete this subject should be able to:
- Demonstrate high level journalistic skills;
- Reflect on their journalistic practice;
- Understand the fundamental principles for making critical and ethical judgments regarding professional journalism practice;
- Develop time management and planning skills through managing and organising workloads; and
- Acquire cultural and ethical understanding through reflection, reading and practical experience of journalists’ responsibilities.
Students who successfully complete this subject should be able to demonstrate:
- a high level ability to analyse writing techniques and affects; and
- a high level ability to express thoughts, ideas and observations in accessible written English.
Last updated: 16 December 2023