You’re currently viewing the 2018 version of this subject
- A group seminar paper equivalent to 500 words (15%), due during the semester
- A 500 word hard news story (15%), due in week 4
- A print feature equivalent to 1,500 words (30%), due in week 7
- An online feature equivalent to 1500 words (30%), due in the examination period
- Participation in tutorials/workshops (10%), throughout semester
- Hurdle: Students are required to attend a minimum of 80% (or 10 out of 12) classes in order to qualify to have their written work assessed. Any student who fails to meet this hurdle without valid reason will not be eligible to pass the subject. All required written work must be submitted in order to pass the subject. Essays submitted after the due date without an extension will be penalised 2% per day. Essays submitted after two weeks of the assessment due date without a formally approved application for special consideration or an extension will only be marked on a pass/fail basis if accepted.
Last updated: 3 November 2022