|Look up fees
Audiovisual communication is an important sector in today’s transnational digital sphere. The training in key areas of audiovisual production is relevant for various professional areas in the media and communication industry. This subject is designed in a ‘workshop’ approach where students will work in small groups in order to gain experience in various areas of audiovisual production. The subject will familiarise students, for example with techniques of script writing, producing, shooting, and preparation of audiovisual content for online as well as broadcast delivery. Furthermore, principles of collaborative practice, studio directing, camera operation, sound recording, and post-production workflows will also be integral to the subject.
These techniques are delivered through project-related contexts using a project-based approach. It is aimed to deliver student productions online or other media platforms. Given the nature of the teaching of this subject, all students must consult with the subject coordinator prior to enrolment.
Intended learning outcomes
Students who complete this subject will have:
- been introduced to principles of design, composition, editing and other fields for screen based media including still and moving images, sound, text and data; and
- the opportunity to develop and deliver projects within persuasive, collaborative and aesthetic processes.
Students who successfully complete this subject will:
- learn appropriate strategies for different platforms and audiences;
- learn similarities and differences between media; and
- acquire skills in network design, content generation and interactivity.
Last updated: 31 October 2023