|Fees||Look up fees|
Peak Performance Under Pressure focuses on the factors that facilitate optimal performance in music and the performing arts, sports, business, public speaking, teaching and educational activities. Underpinned by theoretical frameworks, research findings and using real-world examples, this subject will engage students in practical strategies commonly used to achieve optimal performance.
Intended learning outcomes
Upon completion of this subject students should be able to:
- Explain the main theories of peak performance.
- Describe how to develop consistent skill execution and positive performance experiences.
- Recognise and prevent the cognitive, emotional, behavioural, and psychophysiological inhibitors of consistent, excellent performance.
- Develop the mental and emotional knowledge, skills and abilities required for achieving one's full potential in a selected performance domain.
- Apply evidence-based strategies to facilitate performance in high-pressure situations.
On completion of this subject students should have developed:
- Skills in accessing current research from international databases, web sites, journals and texts
- The ability to analyse and critique literature and presentations
- High level conceptual and applied skills
Last updated: 26 November 2022