|Fees||Look up fees|
Topics covered include principles and methods of choral development and organization, including tone, diction, rehearsal techniques, choral placement and repertoire.
This subject can be taken as a single subject via the Community Access Program. Further information regarding the Community Access Program can be accessed via this website - http://futurestudents.unimelb.edu.au/courses/single_subject_studies
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Rehearse and conduct a short choral work with confidence;
- Grade and evaluate suitable choral repertoire; and
- Manage a structured choral program.
On completion of this subject students should be able to:
- demonstrate skills in cooperation, communication and negotiation that allow for effective working in teams
- apply time and people management skills to rehearsal and performance planning
- demonstrate a capacity to think critically and independently
- demonstrate an informed and critical awareness of issues related to musical diversity
Last updated: 3 November 2022