Currently enrolled students:
- Further information: https://study.unimelb.edu.au/find/courses/graduate/master-of-music-performance-teaching/
- Email: email@example.com
The Studio Specialisation prepares students for private studio-based instrumental teaching, and includes two professional placements and a focus on instrumental pedagogy.
This course is 150 points and offered as a 1.5 year full time, 3 year part time program.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this course, graduates will be able to demonstrate:
- a high standard of performance on their selected instrument or voice as required of a teacher of music performance;
- a professional level of expertise and competence as an instrumental or vocal music teacher;
- excellent communication skills in diverse contexts including clear articulation of the issues concerning instrumental or vocal music teaching and performance;
- an applied understanding of research principles and methods applicable to music performance learning and teaching and including skills in critical reflection, writing and artistic communication;
- the application of the links between planning, teaching and evaluating for learning in the context of music performance;
- a range of teaching approaches and the use of a variety of technologies in the delivery of instrumental or vocal individual lessons that will serve to foster independent, reflective, motivated and cooperative learning;
- a mature engagement with and understanding of the principles of teamwork in collaborative music making;
- an enhanced ability to apply their expertise in music performance teaching to a range of individual students with specific needs and from culturally diverse backgrounds;
- a commitment to developing and refining their performance and teaching practices; and
- a coherent personal philosophy of instrumental or vocal music teaching.