About this course
- Entry and participation requirements
- Attributes, outcomes and skills
- Course structure
- Subject options
Melbourne Business School
Level 4, 198 Berkeley Street
Telephone: +61 3 8344 1670
Professor Graham Sewell
Graduate Research Programs Director
1. In order to be considered for entry, applicants must have completed:
- a four-year bachelor degree in a relevant discipline which includes a substantial research component equivalent to at least 25% of one year of full-time study and have achieved a minimum weighted average of 75% in the final year subjects or (University of Melbourne) equivalent, or
- a masters degree in a relevant discipline which includes a substantial research component equivalent to at least 25% of one year of full-time study and achieved a minimum weighted average of 75% or (University of Melbourne) equivalent, or
- a qualification and professional experience considered to be equivalent;
- a research proposal (except for applicants in the disciplines of Accounting, Economics, Finance, the Melbourne Institute)
- referee reports (except for applicants who have graduated from the University of Melbourne within the last 5 years); and
- the endorsement of a prospective supervisor.
Meeting these requirements does not guarantee selection.
2. In selecting applicants, the selection committee will consider applicants:
- prior academic performance, and if relevant, professional qualifications;
- understanding of the research question to be explored;
- the results of a Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) test or Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) completed within the last 5 years;
- performance at an interview;
- motivation and capacity to complete the course in a timely manner;
- relevant prior research and/or professional experience; and
- the referee reports.
3. The selection committee may seek further information to clarify any aspect of an application in accordance with the Selection and Admission into Graduate Research Courses policy.
4. Applicants are required to satisfy the university's English language requirements for graduate courses.